My go-to face mask
It’s that time of year again when the cold weather hits and you’re required to put your best face forward at all those holidays parties.
There are so many face masks out there on the market but which ones actually work? Well, that depends on what you’re after. This time of year I️ tend to seek out moisture masks.
My all time favourite for moisture, glow and a pimple free face is none other than pure simple honey. Manuka honey to be exact. Why Manuka honey? Manuka honey boasts superior antibacterial and healing qualities.
What makes Manuka honey special is its non-peroxide activity in addition to its ability to produce hydrogen peroxide. Researchers believe it’s these two unique factors that make Manuka honey so powerful.
There’s also a numbering system.
Remember to look for these three things when buying Manuka honey:
• Look for a 10+ or higher rating
• Make sure it says ‘active’ or ‘bio-active’ on the label
• Always look for the UMF® trademark which is owned by the Unique Manuka Factor Honey Association (UMFHA)
I recommend using Manuka honey for acne treatments, adding moisture, cleansing the skin of bacteria and as a ‘glow’ treatment.
Some of the benefits of honey for skin are:
• Rapid wound healing on minor cuts and deep surgical wounds
• Preventing eczema
• Preventing acne and reducing the severity of acne scars
• Heals burns, skin ulcers, and inflammation
• Heals bed sores
• Can be used on skin grafts
• Lessens wrinkles and fine lines
• Increases cell renewal
• Prevent psoriasis
Try it and I️ think you’ll agree, it’s one of the
best face masks you can put on your skin this